More than half of Italians trust car dealerships for the purchase and sale of used vehicles and for all related services
The world ofused car it will play a central role in the years to come, driven by the supply of new cars at ever higher prices and an almost non-existent or marginal availability of zero kilometer cars. In this market upheaval, there will always be room for car dealerships and specialist retailers. This is revealed by the report of a well-known company specializing in market research for the automotive and mobility world: beyond 1 in 3 Italians, caters to car dealerships for services even though he didn’t buy the car.
USED CAR PURCHASE: MORE THAN 1 IN 2 AT A DEALERSHIP
THE official car dealerships sooner or later they will have to choose whether or not to conform to the agency model. In the Stellantis plan this will lead to the presence of fewer but larger structures where the client will find the entire commercial offer of the group. In any case, there will always be room for car dealers or dealers, depending on the propensity of Italians to seek not only used cars (to buy or sell) but also to request services. 51% of Italians who participated in the Ipsos survey for AgitaLab said they buy the used car from a dealership. While only 12% would rather turn to online used car buying and selling channels.
USED CAR SALE IN DEALERSHIP AND AGENCY SERVICES REQUIRED
The future of car dealerships will also increasingly depend on used cars, confirmation is in 54% of Italians that if they buy a new car they prefer to trade in the used car at the same dealership. It’s true that dealerships’ openness to recovery has only grown stronger in recent years as new car sales began to slow. In the meantime, however, many channels for buying and selling used cars online have also spread, some like Brumbrum in Italy, controlled indirectly by car manufacturers. Well, too when buying a used car onlineItalians would complete the buying process like this:
- 34% would go to a dealership for checks on the used car to be purchased and other services such as financing, insurance, transportation, transfer of ownership, etc. ;
- 45% would use the services offered by the shopping platform and then do so independently;
- 21% he would do everything on his own.
Click on the image below to see it full width.
SALE OF USED CARS IN CONCESSION: THE PREFERENCES OF ITALIANS
In case of used car sales, car dealerships remain the point of reference for consumers not only when buying a replacement car. Actually:
- 54% of those who sell used cars prefer to exchange them at the same dealership;
- 24% he prefers to be assisted by a dealer even if he does not sell the used car;
- 33% he prefers to be assisted by a dealer even if he sells the used car without buying a replacement car
Source : Sicur Auto